Your Scrapbooking and Paper Craft Specialists
We are Australia’s valued stockist for all your crafting needs. Based in Melbourne, we supply everything from glues and tapes to patterned paper, cardstock, stamps, stickers, stencils and of course albums.
What Is Scrapbooking?
This is a fun, creative and colourful way of preserving all your memories by arranging and presenting personal photos, quotes and keepsakes in the form of a book, box or card.
These albums are decorated and usually contain written descriptions or journal entries that detail the event described. Typically you might also include memorabilia in the form of printed media, physical mementos and personal artwork that you wish to hold on to for years to come.
How Do I Get Started?
You may choose to depict particular events, such as the birth of a child, a holiday or a new relationship. In reality, however, you can commemorate just about anything you choose.
Think of it as a photo album with tangible souvenirs! We love the idea of saving treasures throughout life, then keeping them preserved.
You can even include things like:
- Your first payslip
- Movie tickets from a first date
- Baby’s hospital birth tag
- Puppy’s first collar
These and many other keepsakes are too precious to forget, so why not hold onto them with a memorable and personalised album to pass down to your children and grandchildren to keep adding to?
What Supplies Do I Need?
While there are no rules or standard guide to getting started (hey, we’re all about promoting individual creativity!), there are a few tips and tricks to consider before grabbing the glue and paper.
For example, think about the way you want to present your memories. Do you want a box, book or card? Are you going for a particular colour scheme or a specific theme? Do you want to cover one specific event or lots of various memories in general?
These questions should guide you in your planning. As these albums are a physical, handheld item in the traditional sense, we have some fun and quirky tools you can use to bring your memories to life:
- A blank album: This is the basic requirement to start. They will either have plastic sleeves or a binder for you to slip your pages into. We find starting with a ton of blank pages is best for newbies. Check out one of our favourite starter albums here.
- Card stock and scrapbooking paper: These are rigid backing papers that will form the pages of your album. They come in thousands of designs (literally!) to suit your theme and style. View our gorgeous designs, including our fan-favourite gold.
- Cutters and glues: Next is to cut and prepare your paper to use for pages and backgrounds. If you want sharp, precise edging, then tools like these are for you. Perfect for cutting photos, shapes and fabrics, these essentials are sure to make the job easy peasy. Securing them down is critical as we don’t want you to lose any of your pieces along the way. For this reason, we encourage you to use an adhesive that is compatible with your card or paper or cutter.
- Accessories: Our favourite part and the most fun of all! We have everything from diamantes to stickers, and glitter to lace, to help give your pages that extra finishing touch.
Additionally, we love Heidi Swapp’s Minc range, which is now in stock through our website. Renowned for her ability to make any album come alive, Heidi has a huge quality range of embellishments to help you customise every page.
We can’t wait to see your project come alive. For further tips and ideas, check out Becky Higgins’ Project Life, which shows you how to scrapbook both during your crafternoons and online.